New findings at Superstore

Am I planning to let you know every time I go grocery shopping? No, probably not. But this time I came home with a few new things that I thought were worth mentioning.

Once again, I was very disappointed that the bulk section of Superstore (the one on Centre Street) didn't have any pasta. Next time I really need to go back to the North East Superstore, where I know we've bought it before. I had to settle for bagged pasta which made me a little bit sad.

I picked up a couple of the same old things: jalapenos and garlic. (By the way, did you know that if you leave green jalapenos out at room temperature, they turn red? This is useful information for a future project I have in mind.) My new finds: pinto beans, chickpeas, raisins, and croutons.




Now, beans I already knew I could get in bulk, last time I got black beans, so that's not much of a surprise. Croutons are a good find because they pretty much ALWAYS come in a plastic bag, or a plastic bag in a box. The raisin situation is pretty much the same.

So, it was a good trip, but there's still a lot of things I need to stock up on, and obviously I'm getting a little late to call it "Winter Stock-up". Next time I need to find pasta, gravy mix, icing sugar, and supplies for making cleaning supplies.

I'll keep you up to date!

Comments

Popular Posts