My New Dish Soap

I tried my hand at reusable dish soap a few years ago, thinking it would be an easy project. The result was a weird, milky gel that had to be used straight on the dishcloth because it was useless when added to a sink of water. The recipe also made about 2 litres of it, so it took me forever to use up. It's gone now, and since then I have been using up the dish soap that was left in our house when we moved in. That bottle has about 1 cm left in the bottom.

I do plan on trying a homemade version again some day, with a different recipe, but this weekend it so happened that I dropped in to Lukes Drug Mart in Bridgeland. Lukes has been in existence for a long time, but in the past couple years has started to transform itself into a pretty cool little shop. Besides the standard pharmacy and convenience store line, it now boasts fancy coffee, records, groceries, local bread, and a line of refillable cleaning supplies.


They have various types of cleaners (floor, laundry, window, etc), but what stood out was a very pretty, glass bottle of refillable dish soap. After your initial purchase of the pump, you can bring your bottle back to have it refilled for $3.

Regardless of whether I have it refilled or make my own soap in the future (or a combination of both), I was pretty impressed at the offering at this unassuming pharmacy which is walking distance to my house. I will definitely be back!

Have you been to Lukes Drug Mart? Leave a comment!


Comments

  1. Hi,

    Do you know how much the glass bottle and spray top costs? I'm trying to phase out plastic bottles out of my home. Also, did you happen to see a glass spray bottle with a clear cover? Don't really want dish soap written on it.

    Thank you!
    Sharan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This cost about $15 at first purchase, then it costs $3 to refill. I don't think they had any without the brand name/"dish soap" written on it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts